Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Claims
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is a natural emotional reaction to a deeply shocking and disturbing experience. This emotionally shocking experience can occur as a result of experiencing or witnessing a traumatic event that involved actual or threatened death or serious injury. We know how stressful it can be for clients and it takes time, courage and strength to overcome the overwhelming feelings.
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder can lead to:
- Feelings of guilt
- Hypervigilance to threats
- Difficulty remembering things and poor concentration
- Lack of emotional responsiveness
- Extreme anger towards one’s self or other people
- Denying that the accident really happened
- The accident keeps repeating in one’s mind
- Unreasonable irritability
- Recurring nightmares
Although these emotions are common after a traumatic incident, a high level of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder can prevent sufferers from a creating a social bond with other people, and prevent them from living a normal life. It can be equally distressing for family members to witness their loved ones battle with these emotions.
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Compensation & Legal Advice
If you have been a victim of post-traumatic stress disorder either at your workplace, or in public or private property, you may be entitled to compensation.